knowITall - try me!
UMS offers a comprehensive IT asset management software suite to discover, track,
and manage your IT assets through the entire lifecycle. Handheld/barcode scanning
technology also maintains data at the highest level of accuracy. The data captured
is easily linked to help desk, human resources, financial and other key applications.
UMS software assists IT executives/departments to effectively manage the following
- Software Compliance & Management: determine the best licensing
- Software Migrations: know how many systems need to be
upgraded or replaced
- Maintenance Management: know how many
systems are installed to ensure the organization is not paying for "out of
service" and disposed of equipment
- IMAC: efficiently track
inventory/audit/IMAC activities at the highest accuracy levels
- Receiving: Exceptional receiving function to effectively
manage all receiving activities from any warehouse, dock or location; loads electronic
packing data and links/reconciles to assets scanned at the receiving area
- Disposal: efficiently manage disposal activities and
ensure all contracts and systems are updated to reflect the removal of equipment
and software from the environment
- Help Desk: will provide the necessary information for optimizing
Help Desk activities
licenseITall’s web-enabled software suite delivers an easy to use, highly accurate
IT asset management solution to discover and reconcile your IT assets. It provides real time access to comprehensive asset data that makes IT inventory management
easy, fast and accurate. Learn
licenseITall includes a license mapping engine that measures your organization’s
software publisher compliancy. It imports licensing data – software publisher, reseller
or internal license purchasing records – and maps them against the “discovered”
inventory. These “intelligent” license mapping services provide a fast and easy
interface to measure your publisher compliancy.
licenseITall also offers a discovery module which provides comprehensive inventory
services for your Windows based hardware and software. Additionally, it will discover
detailed hardware and software installation information including license keys,
patch levels, serial numbers, hardware configuration (CPUs, memory, etc.), for all
PCs on the network.
licenseITall delivers a practical solution to enable your business to plan for future
system developments, troubleshoot or accurately budget for maintenance, software
upgrades and license compliance. It works without the user’s knowledge and without
any effect on your PCs or Network performance. It will perform a discrete and comprehensive
inventory of all hardware and software. Benefits include:
licenseITall assists IT executives/departments to effectively manage the following
- Reduced business risk
- Reduced costs (compliance/lease penalties, shelfware,
maintenance, staffing, etc.)
- Business continuity preparedness
application rollouts and technology refreshes
- Merger and acquisition preparedness
- Software Migrations: Understand which systems need to be upgraded
or replaced to support major application rollouts, migrations and upgrades.
Hardware Refresh: Many organizations will be replacing older
technology workstations that have limited memory/storage/port capacity, and need
to know the exact number of workstations that need to be upgraded or replaced.
Software Compliance & Management: Determine the best licensing
option, by vendor, by having a comprehensive report of all installed software/associated
versions, software deployment gaps and software compliance capabilities.
Maintenance Management: Know how many systems are installed in your
environment to ensure the organization is not paying for “out of service” and disposed
- Baseline Reconciliation: Validate the accuracy
of the current hardware and software data and ensure a highly accurate baseline
is kept on an ongoing basis.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Ensure
the smooth transition and integration of the merged IT environments and select the
best contracting options for the combined environments.
Audits: User, department and/or location, get precise hardware configuration
data, i.e. PC serial number, PC Name, Processor (Speed and Type), RAM Information,
Hard Disk Size/Free Space, and detailed software product information.
licenseITall offers the following functionality:
license Reconciliation Services
- Integrated License Reconciliation of Purchase History
- License Discovery Module for Windows Platform
- Extensive Import and Export Functionality
- Imports 3rd party discovery (SMS, CA, Altiris, etc.)
- Import purchasing history (Reseller records, SAP, etc.)
- Export data to popular formats (excel, PDF, XML and others)
- Simple GUI with drill down capability
- Easy to install and maintain
licenseITall services are designed to provide a highly functional, simple to use
solution for the identification and reconciliation of installed inventory to purchased
history. This solution offers flexible in its ability to easily import external
discovery and purchasing records while still using the reconciliation engine and
simple GUI interface of licenseITall.
licenseITall services also provide extensive capabilities to customize the mapping
and normalization of inventory and publisher data. This solution greatly reduces
manual efforts to “sort” different product versions and naming conventions into
their appropriate product categories. This functionality is easily tuned and customized.
licenseITall’s discovery services will work without your user’s knowledge and without
any effect on your PCs or Network performance. It will perform a discrete and comprehensive
inventory of all Windows hardware and software. licenseITall contains an “agentless”
discovery engine which can capture inventory via:
- Logon Scripts: “in network” users trigger inventory at “logon”
Email/web based: “out of network” users trigger inventory by navigating
to web page
- Standalone Users: Users with no external connectivity
can be scanned via “standalone” engine
Key Discovery Features:
Discovery Data Capture
- Windows Explorer Interface
- Very easy to install and deploy
- Automatic Network, e-mail and standalone discovery
Windows based PC’s/servers
- Identifies all assets, user, hardware and software
- Captures registry key details
- Discovers PCs using NetBIOS,
WMI and SNMP technology
- Identifies all Windows installed applications including
- PC asset history with all changes identified
instant management reports
Asset Management Data:
- Asset Details: Category, Make, Version, Serial Number, etc.
Details: Name, etc.
- Peripherals/Non-PC Assets: Category, Make, Version, Serial Number, etc.
- Operating System: Name, Version, Serial Number
- Files (i.e., *.exe,
- Installed Applications
- Captured Files (e.g. *.bat, *.ini, *.sys)
- Motherboard: Processor, Types & Speed
- Memory capacity, memory
slots and configuration
- Hard Disc capacities
- BIOS: Manufacturer,
Date and Version
- Network: MAC Address, IP Address, Computer Name,
NIC Name, Logon Client, Network Protocols, Logon User Name
- Graphics: Adapter
Name, Default Monitor, Display Resolution and Color Depth
- Product Name (resolves issues of naming differences between vendors).
- Total Licenses purchased for the product
- Total upgrades purchased
for a product line
- Total enterprise agreement licenses for a product line
- License Length
- Internet History (Date Stamped List of sites visited)
- Cookies received
There is a common flaw that is inherent in the majority of IT Asset Management programs: most lack an effective PIMAC-D (Procure, Install, Move, Add, Change and Dispose) program. The implementation of an effective Asset Management system, including processes and tools, is a proven way for organizations to save money, improve productivity, and to optimize the return on their IT asset investments.
trackITall™ is an intuitive, efficient web-based asset management tool that also runs on handheld scanners. It solves the problem of acquiring accurate asset information throughout an asset’s lifecycle, stores the data in an SQL database, synchs seamlessly via a web interface, and comes configured to provide standard or customizable reports.
trackITall™ forces those involved in the asset management function to follow specific, customized procedures required to keep the organization’s asset information accurate, current, and detailed. By configuring TrackITall to the way you need to collect data, you will be assured that processes will be followed and accurate data is captured.
Key features of trackITall include:
Asset Data Capture
- Rich Web Application: A rich web interface is provided for tracking and managing assets, system administration and reporting.
- Customizable Data Elements: Every company describes their assets differently, and we give you the ability to use your company’s asset terminology and tracking schemes. In addition to company-specific terminology and data elements, you can create custom IMAC screens. For example, you may want to design a form to receive hardware at multiple loading locations and require a different receiving for at each location. You can easily define the fields and steps for each receiving location – and even push forms to your Palm and Pocket PC devices to better manage the receiving function.
- Affordable: Track assets at a fraction of the cost of other repository systems.
- Real-Time Integration: Managing your IT assets usually entails integrating data from other enterprise systems. For example, many companies want to integrate their HR data so that they can assign computers to specific users, or send IMAC changes to the Help Desk. UMS’s solution provides a framework for creating real-time integrations so that it can work in conjunction with your existing enterprise applications.
- Unlimited Asset Counts/Processes: Track as many assets, IT and fixed, with as many tracking configurable processes required by your organization.
- History Tracking: View entire lifecycle history of an asset quickly and easily.
- Secure: Control access to asset information and administrative functions via a simple web interface.
trackITall is easy to use, easy to customize, and, once configured for your organization’s needs, can capture your required asset information including, but not limited to:
- Asset Tag Typically a unique bar-coded identifier for each asset.
- Equipment Category Allows you to group your assets into categories. i.e. Computer Equip, Office Equip, Audio Visual, Manufacturing Equipment, Lab Equip, etc.
- Equipment Type Allows you to create consistent descriptions that are chosen from a pick list. i.e. Laptop, Desktop, Server, Telephone, Projector, etc.
- Manufacturer List of manufactures chosen from a pick list.
- Model List of model numbers based on the equipment type and manufacturer chosen. Chosen from a pick list.
- Serial Number Can be scanned into the scanner off the bar coded serial number off the equipment.
- Business Unit Organizational and Departmental information can be collected and assigned to each asset.
- Location Information Location information can be configured to the level of detail your organization requires (i.e. State, City, Building, Floor, Room), etc.
- Human Resource Information Information regarding the users of the asset can be associated to the asset.
- Financial Information Purchase Date, price, PO Number, etc.
- User Definable Fields The ability to create fields that apply to your specific organization.
- Mobile Interfaces Mobilize your asset information process with the flexible combination of handheld devices and your web browser. Collect asset information as you are handling the objects and as transactions occur.
- Simple and Powerful Configuration Define custom fields, labels and data types for tracking assets.
- Streamlined Data Collection Collect asset information quickly and easily from ‘pick lists’ on the handheld devices or enter directly through a web browser on a desktop or laptop computer.
- Affordable Track objects at a fraction of the cost of other tracking systems.
- Configurable Data Validation Specify field rules to ensure valid transactions and accurate data are entered every time!
- Unlimited Asset Counts/Processes Track an unlimited number of assets utilizing an unlimited number of processes needed to accomplish your asset management objectives.
- Security Control access to asset information and administrative functions via a simple web interface. Predetermine what information is accessible to an individual based on job function, security clearance, ‘need to know’, or any other criteria you choose.
- History Tracking View the entire history of an asset at any time.
- Reporting View your asset data in a way that makes the information useful for better business decision making.